Friday, February 20, 2009

Lord of Water Chapter 12

Lord of Water.







The mood of the whole crew seemed to be drifting. Mila was now wrestling with Hi-Sun, Stewy and Fran were arguing.
Gary looked like he was in a haze. I just couldn't put my finger on it, and I just couldn't move either.

I looked across to Gary and he was looking back at the stars once again. He looked down and back across to me as
tears started to stream down his face. The skies started to split and a large static surrounded vessel began to
lower down above us but to the left. Mila stayed as she was, wrestling with Hi-Sun with Stewy and Fran completely
ignoring Gary's call to arms.

Gary was yelling even harder, but no noise was coming from his mouth. He was sweating in a frantic panick. All I
could do was stand there and watch as this vessel lowered in closer. It's wings crackling with static stretched
out across the horizon thicker than any lightning bolts I had ever seem on this planet. The vessel settled in the
locations right above where we were trying to establish a drop zone.

The hum started to build in intensity and volume until we all nealt in agony. Stewy dived over the edge of Hi-Sun
with Fran screaming at the rail watching her partner fall into the abyse of now black water. Hi-Sun lost all
momentum and began to slide back down towards the oceans surface with dying pace. Everything was failing and my
man Gary was just at his knees wailing in agonised loss.

Mila fell to the ground and was now unconscious. I tried to move but was unable. I just froze like a helpless
lost child. We hit the water's surface and our wonderful dorsal pilots were smashed apart. The first one was hit
and the Slicer Sharks started taking them one at a time, tearing them apart into a blooded mess of schredded
frenzy. The Dorsals had all lost their power and within second were all torn apart by the sharks.

The vessel went silent and then "BOOM!" A massive beam thrust virtically down into the ocean, searing into the
water and driving a parasitical vacuum into this only moments ago precious clean planet. Mila stood and looked at
me in lost dispare. She was crying and looked at me with greif of which I have never ever seen before. She reached
for me to take her, but just as our hands were about to touch, Hi-Sun lifted and split in two right between the
both of us. We were thrown apart as Hi-Sun now became a billion splinters, Mila and I both falling apart and
losing the sight of each other for ever.

I opened my eyes and sat up straight sweating and panick stricken. It took a moment for me to realise that I was
lying on my side of the our bed. I was covered in sweat and was shaking like I had never felt fear before.

Mila was lying beside me in a calm and peaceful sleep. Outside was as calm as ever and if anything, the pressure
systems had all come to a lovely quiet null. I touched Mila's forehead and then stepped out to the deck of Hi-Sun.
Stewy and Fran were the only two on deck and both smiled as I stepped closer towards them. I stood at the helm
beside Stewy. Fran stepped across to make me a warm milk barley. She handed it to me and I enjoyed the warmth as
it slid down and into my stomach.

The pictures of the dream slowly dissapeared and I gained my orientation once again. We are very close now. Today
is the day, and if all runs smoothly, I will be able to make first contact with The Pod.


Today is the day.
Lord of Water Chapter 13
- The Pod.


Copyright 2008. Author Mike King


The ultimate Drinking Water!




No comments: